Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com> on 2000/11/06 18:10:49 UTC

[C2][WebLogic] Cocoon2 (patched) works with WebLogic 5.1

Hi,

I successfully launched latest Cocoon2 (from CVS) under WebLogic 5.1
server, but this requires patch to CocoonServlet (attached) which appends
weblogic.class.path to Cocoon's classpath.

I was unable to install Cocoon as described in install.txt,
with all libs in one jar, so here is my installation steps:

1. In order to work with XSP, CocoonServlet must be patched,
   apply attached patch and build cocoon.jar,
2. Preppend WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH with Cocoon libraries (this way
   I'm overriding old DOM/SAX libraries included with WebLogic),
3. Build and unpack or copy cocoon.war somewhere (I placed it
   under weblogic dir),
4. Add line to weblogic.properties:
	weblogic.httpd.webApp.cocoon=C:/weblogic/cocoon
   or
	weblogic.httpd.webApp.cocoon=C:/weblogic/cocoon.war
5. Done, run weblogic and go to http://host:port/cocoon/

Hope this will help somebody,

Regards,
Vadim Gritsenko