Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org> on 2021/02/03 01:50:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] Towards Avatica 1.18.0

Hey everyone,

It's been around 7 months since the last Avatica release. There has been
some push to get 1.18.0 out before the Calcite 1.27.0 release, so that
the fixes in 1.18.0 can make it into the Calcite release.

I saw a few open PRs on Github that could be potentially merged for this
release:
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/135
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/132
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/129 <- this one is
pretty much ready to merge except for the commit message
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/115 <- it would be nice
if someone could carry this one, I think this one is almost there

Are there any other PRs to merge or issues to look at?

There hasn't been a whole lot of commits since the last release, so I
think this release should be pretty straight forward. It would be much
appreciated if the community can have a look at those PRs I have
highlighted.

Francis

Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Avatica 1.18.0

Posted by Alessandro Solimando <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francis,
thanks for your guidance, I have amended the commit message and opened a
new PR: https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/136

Best regards,
Alessandro

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
Hey Alessandro,

Posted by Alessandro Solimando <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francis,

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
Can someone please review
https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/138 ? We are very close
to making rc0 available for voting as we just need to get this reviewed
and merged.

I also saw that https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/140 was
opened, but it looks like it might need a bit more work, so if we can't
get that into 1.18.0, that's okay too.

Francis

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
Can someone please review