Posted to xml-commons-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Murray, Bob" <Bo...@fns.usda.gov> on 2003/08/07 23:01:26 UTC

Conversion of Mainframe Flat File to XML

I'm trying to convert a mainframe flat file to XML format.  How can I do this?  Thanks!

Bob
703-305-7464

Re: Conversion of Mainframe Flat File to XML

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Murray, Bob wrote:
> I'm trying to convert a mainframe flat file to XML format.  How can I do this?  Thanks!

Perhaps http://chaperon.sourceforge.net/

--David

Re: Conversion of Mainframe Flat File to XML

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
there are many ways in which this could be achieved. if you already have
an object representation of that file in java then you could use an
object->xml mapper (eg castor or betwixt).

if not then it's probably just going to have to be the usual hard slog
(parse the file then output as xml). you might find it easier to use DOM
or a DOM alternative (eg dom4j, JDOM) to execute this writing.

- robert