Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Younge, Kent A - Norman, OK - Contractor" <Ke...@usps.gov.INVALID> on 2017/09/01 15:55:47 UTC

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Hello,

I am getting an error ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH on one of my Solr servers.   The details show that it's an Unsupported protocol:  The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.  I have changed my browser settings and nothing seems to work.  If I comment out the SSL configuration in the solr.in.sh and use HTTP the site Admin site comes up fine.  I have searched for where the ciphers might be but, I am unsuccessful as I am not sure that they are the ciphers in TOMCAT or do they get written somewhere else?  I've gone over the certs several times I have compared it to a working Solr server and nothing seems different.  Other than this one does not work.

Thank you,

Kent

Re: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Posted by "Younge, Kent A - Norman, OK - Contractor" <Ke...@usps.gov.INVALID>.
Sorry I am not using Tomcat.  This is a fresh build of solr.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Kent,

Posted by "Younge, Kent A - Norman, OK - Contractor" <Ke...@usps.gov.INVALID>.
The java.security files are the same.  I even copied over the files from a machine that is working and renamed the security files and it still did not work.. I am getting the same error.

Posted by "Younge, Kent A - Norman, OK - Contractor" <Ke...@usps.gov.INVALID>.
New Solr Box built Getting Cipher mismatch.  Where are the Solr Java Cipher's located?

Still receiving the same issue.  I have cloned another machine and it has the same issue.  Not sure what to do next.  Last resort build machine from scratch and see if it has the same issue if it does then I have no clue what is going on.

Posted by "Younge, Kent A - Norman, OK - Contractor" <Ke...@usps.gov.INVALID>.

Posted by "Younge, Kent A - Norman, OK - Contractor" <Ke...@usps.gov.INVALID>.
The new box is a clone of all the boxes so nothing should have changed other than the certificates and the keystore.  That is why I am at such a loss on this issue.   Java is the same across five servers all settings are the same across five servers.  I will look into the JVM security and see if it is the same across all the boxes.

Thank you,

Kent Younge
Systems Engineer
USPS MTSC IT Support
600 W. Rock Creek Rd, Norman, OK  73069-8357