Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Antoine Chevrier <1a...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/20 10:53:01 UTC

Link broken on Help Wanted confluence page

Hi all.
On the page Help Wanted
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted> of
ApacheOpenOffice confluence space, the link inside the top introduction
section - link called "14 Ways to contribute .../..." - goes to a 404 page.
I can't help for fix it. But maybe somebody of this list could.
Antoine

Re: Link broken on Help Wanted confluence page

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 11/20/2014 11:57 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

> On 11/20/2014 07:56 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 4:53 AM, Antoine Chevrier
>> <1a...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>>> On the page Help Wanted
>>> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted>  of
>>> ApacheOpenOffice confluence space, the link inside the top introduction
>>> section - link called "14 Ways to contribute .../..." - goes to a 404 page.
>>> I can't help for fix it. But maybe somebody of this list could.
>>
>> Thanks, I fixed that, replacing with a link to another copy of that
>> same article.
>>
>> This sounds like an area that we could/should automate, identifying
>> broken links.  Does anyone know of a good tool for this?
>>
>> I also noticed quite a few outdated references to incubator-era
>> resources, e.g., ooo-dev mailing list, incubator versions of the
>> website, etc.   We fixed these old references in the static part of
>> out website by simply grepping the source files.  Is there any similar
>> way to find these in CWiki/MWiki?
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> Since we're looking at this page. Any ideas on how to reword Easy item
> #2 so we don't get so many user specific  problems that aren't really
> program issues in Bugzilla as we have lately? Should we remove this item
> entirely and perhaps add a "Medium" or "Easy" task related to QA which
> doesn't seem to be represented at all?

I also think that the text is misleading and should be re-worded to
reflect the QA focus better - besides the outdated incubator link. ;-)

To be a bit productive I've started and corrected the links and URLs.

Marcus

Re: Link broken on Help Wanted confluence page

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

#2 so we don't get so many user specific  problems that aren't really

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Aren't there AOO admins for the MWiki?

I'm one (now in the process of transitioning those tasks to Jan Iversen,
I'll send you the full minutes of the meeting we had with Infra at
ApacheCon as soon as possible).

I'm an administrator both on the server side (shell access) and on the
application side (web access). If there is anything to do, just let me know.

Regards,
   Andrea.

RE: Link broken on Help Wanted confluence page

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
If you can get server logs specific to openoffice.org, there are many tools that will summarize 404s and indicate what each distinct URL was and how many times that URL has been attempted.  I expect Infra knows best, maybe for CWiki too.  Aren't there AOO admins for the MWiki?

 - Dennis

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@robweir.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@robweir.com>.