Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Abhijit Bera <ab...@geodesiconline.com> on 2008/05/19 12:43:14 UTC

problem running Nutch 0.9

Hi

I'm running Nutch 0.9 on 4 Ubuntu 7.04 nodes. Hadoop is setup correctly
because the word count example works perfectly. Unfortunately, Nutch is
giving me the following exceptions:

hadoop@click:/usr/local/nutch$ bin/nutch crawl urls/ -dir crawl02 -depth
3

crawl started in: crawl02
rootUrlDir = urls
threads = 10
depth = 3
Injector: starting
Injector: crawlDb: crawl02/crawldb
Injector: urlDir: urls
Injector: Converting injected urls to crawl db entries.
task_0010_m_000006_0: log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
task_0010_m_000006_0:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/local/nutch/logs (Is a directory)
......and some more errors which keep repeating in each of the
stages.....

task_0010_m_000006_0: log4j:ERROR Either File or DatePattern options are
not set for appender [DRFA].

task_0010_m_000006_0: Exception in thread "main"
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

I checked my network settings. I'm not behind any firewall.

I have placed the urls in a file called seed under the urls directory
and also copied it to the DFS.

Any help in sorting this out will be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Abhijit Bera

Associate Software Engineer - Web Enterprise Division

Geodesic Information Systems Ltd.

Please show concern for the environment. Print this e-mail only if
required.

I use Ubuntu Linux.

--Disclaimer--

intended solely for the use of the entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
immediately. Please note that any views presented in the email are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Geodesic.

While all care has been taken to avoid viruses the recipient is advised
to check this email and attachments for presence of viruses. Geodesic
accepts no liability on this account. Mails may be stored for monitoring
and review