Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Wegmann Frank <fr...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/02 10:59:03 UTC

PCL output compliance

Hi @all,

I've got a problem migrationg my application from 0.20.5 to 1.0.
I'm processing a fop-document to PCL with the old version and the printer
of my customer
is able to handle the output. Unfortunately I don't have any direct access
this printer. If I try the new fop version it fails. I tried to change the
mime type from
MimeConstants.MIME_PCL to MimeConstants.MIME_PCL_ALT, but without success.
If I try to open this document with OpenPCL an exception is thrown, as there
are decimals used for positioning an "+-" relative positioning, although it
seems to be compliant
to the standard. I don't know, if there is any relationship between the
problem
of printing and opening it with OpenPCL.
Does anyone have similar problems and  could figure out the reason and a
possible solution?
What kind of changes have been made between those versions for rendering
PCL?

Cheers,
Frank