Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/22 04:35:04 UTC

update jasmine-node form 1.8.x to 1.11.x for cordova-cli?

I notice that there is a new version of jasmine-node 1.11.0 [1]

I tested with 1.11.0 today and didn't find problems at the surface.

It is OK to update the dependency to use the new version?

[1] https://npmjs.org/package/jasmine-node

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: update jasmine-node form 1.8.x to 1.11.x for cordova-cli?

Posted by Braden Shepherdson <br...@chromium.org>.
It would be nice to have such hooks, but it only works well if everyone is
running them. If some people are not, and they break the tests, now it's
complaining at you when you try to commit. Also for people like me who
commit every other save and then squash a dozen commits into one or two,
it's very likely that some of the early ones will have broken tests. I
guess a pre-push hook is a little better, but it still has the first
problem.

I support CI and nag emails much more strongly. We already have this
internally at Google; we added Plugman and CLI to our Buildbot CI last
week. We're working on getting that publicly visible. Buildbot supports
distributed testing, so we'll integrate results from Adobe's Device Wall
eventually. In the short term, we're getting nag emails when the tests are
failing, and we'll be passing along the message to the author of the broken
change.

Braden

(Does anyone else picture The Monolith every time someone mentions the
device wall?)

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Steven.