Posted to builds@apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/18 20:11:51 UTC

job failing to archive test reports

Hi, we have been seeing some failures today on a test job, where after
successfully passing the tests the results are then unable to be
reported and the job is marked failed.

This happened on ubuntu4, but I have seen it happen a couple of times
on the other ubuntu slaves in recent weeks. Could someone take a look?

Thanks,
Robbie

Recording test results
ERROR: Failed to archive test reports
hudson.util.IOException2: remote file operation failed:
<https://builds.apache.org/job/qpid-java-test/ws/> at
hudson.remoting.Channel@56473b73:ubuntu4
       at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:754)
       at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:740)
       at hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitParser.parse(JUnitParser.java:83)
       at hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitResultArchiver.parse(JUnitResultArchiver.java:123)
       at hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitResultArchiver.perform(JUnitResultArchiver.java:135)
       at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:19)
       at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.perform(AbstractBuild.java:682)
       at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:657)
       at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:635)
       at hudson.model.Build$RunnerImpl.post2(Build.java:162)
       at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.post(AbstractBuild.java:604)
       at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1401)
       at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
       at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
       at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:230)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Remote call on ubuntu4 failed
       at hudson.remoting.Channel.call(Channel.java:677)
       at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:747)
       ... 14 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
hudson.tasks.junit.TestResult
       at hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitParser$ParseResultCallable.invoke(JUnitParser.java:114)
       at hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitParser$ParseResultCallable.invoke(JUnitParser.java:87)
       at hudson.FilePath$FileCallableWrapper.call(FilePath.java:1994)
       at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:118)
       at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:48)
       at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:287)
       at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
Build step 'Publish JUnit test result report' changed build result to FAILURE

Re: job failing to archive test reports

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/8/19 Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> 1.413 should have a fix for that (
>> https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-9017 )
>
> That bug seems to be gone. However, the problems we're now seeing are
> more like this one:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/job/ftpserver-trunk-jdk1.5-ibm-ubuntu/132/console

Looks to be this one : https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-10030
:-)
should be fixed in 1.427 too

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: job failing to archive test reports

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Our Jenkins jobs seem to have thie same error that appeared with 1.426 - jobs
run to completion with "SUCCESS", and then get a Null Pointer Exception.

Example: https://builds.apache.org/job/UIMA-SDK/103/consoleFull

scroll to bottom...

-Marshall Schor

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,
1.413 should have a fix for that (
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-9017 )

But now upgrading to 1.426 failed (there is a critical issue see
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-10715 )

You can see this one here : https://builds.apache.org/job/Tuscany-2x/327/console

It should be better to downgrade to 1.425.
The 1.427 should be next week.

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: job failing to archive test reports

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
In my experience, this tends to clear up after killing/restarting the
offending slave, but I'm not sure what the underlying problem in Jenkins
actually is.

A.