Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/13 16:11:41 UTC

Of tlogs and atomic updates

A question recently came up: Does the tlog store the entire document when
an atomic update happens or just the incoming delta? My guess is that it
stores the entire document, but that's a guess...

Thanks,
Erick

Re: Of tlogs and atomic updates

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>.
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Anirudha Jadhav <an...@nyu.edu> wrote:
> quick question on a similar topic,
>
> for a NRT call to index a doc ,returns a success return code, if and only
> if all available server have successfully written the doc to their tlog.
> correct?

Right.

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com

Re: Of tlogs and atomic updates

Posted by Anirudha Jadhav <an...@nyu.edu>.

--
Anirudha P. Jadhav

Re: Of tlogs and atomic updates

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>.
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I suppose considering NRT there's no other choice.....

Less to do with NRT, and more to do with everything else.  But yes,
there is currently no other choice (i.e. things wouldn't otherwise
work)

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.