Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andy Holt <an...@bigfoot.com> on 1998/09/04 17:22:15 UTC

config/2955: .htaccess ignored on filestore accessed by UNC paths

>Number:         2955
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       .htaccess ignored on filestore accessed by UNC paths
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have an alias in srm.conf as follows:

Alias /aaa/bbb/ "//otherNTbox/shareName/subdirectoryName/"

such that when asked for 'http://myServer/aaa/bbb/', my server responds
with a directory listing of the subdirectory called 'subdirectoryName'
in the share called 'shareName' on the other server called 'otherNTbox.
That's good.  What I now want to do is put a '.htaccess' file into
'subdirectoryName' to protect it.  BUT I cannot get Apache to read
and/or use this file.  Auth control within other areas of the docs tree
works, both aliased (e.g. the standard icons alias) and non-aliased.  So
I think I've got my general config right (for example AllowOverride
AuthConfig inside <Directory ...> for my DocumentRoot).

So, have I missed something or is this a bug in Apache 1.3.1 for Win32?
>How-To-Repeat:
Set up as above
>Fix:
Sorry, no :-(