Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca> on 2004/11/01 16:09:20 UTC

Slide/WebDAV Frontends

Everyone,

We have started looking at plausible content management options and I am
very impressed with the options that Slide/WebDAV provide for
file/revision managment and more. These can be at any stage of
development as we are investigating at the moment.

My question is, are there any current projects out there providing an
END USER front end for managing content through Slide/WebDAV. I have
looked at the slide block in Cocoon which is definately a good start. I
have also looked at the WebDav block and Projector application. I have
also looked at DAVExplorer (not too bad, but clunky), Windows
WebFolders. All provide pieces, but there is no "glue" that I can find.

We are looking for something that will provide end user functions for
viewing/previewing content, rolling back revisions, workflow... you
know, many of those CMS goodies.

We are liking the combination of Slide with Cocoon for a possible
development framework for our website. Something that fit into that
model would be great.

Thank you for any information you can provide to assist with our research.

Tim

Re: Slide/WebDAV Frontends

Posted by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca>.
James,

Thanks for the lead on jCMS, that is one we haven't yet looked at. I
forgot to mention Lenya, but yes, that is looking like the most mature
option for what we would need here. I did also read they were going to
look at integrating slide at some point.

I would hate to start from scratch if there was really no reason to.
Lenya is based on Cocoon as well which got me thinking that Cocoon might
be a good option.

Oh, and if your "in progress" front end is purdy, then you have me
sold... I mean it's all about eye candy right? :)

Tim

Re: Slide/WebDAV Frontends

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.