Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yajamanyam Venugopal <ve...@consultant.volvo.com> on 2004/01/28 13:13:05 UTC

How to store arraylist in nested beans

Hi,

I am working on generating a Tree structure using nested tags.

I have a StructureTree node with in that an Arraylist which will be the child of structure tree node.
Because of some technical limitation I wont get full structure at once I will get the child info once user clicks on a TreeNode(+ image)
My requirement when ever users clicks the plus button .I need to send a new transaction to the Mainframes to get children of that node
and add that to the current Arraylist(Where ever i pressed the button).

I could not get how to get the reference of the Node which user pressed(+ image) so that I can store that in session and send the request to mainframes and
add that to the existing tree so that I will show all the children data.

Eg.

Say I have a Tree Like StructureTree within that ChildCollection[1] within that some child within that some children etc.

If users press ChildCollection[1] then I have to send a request to mainframes and get the child information in response and add those to the
ChildCollection[1] so that I have full strcuture of StructureTree.
How can we get which reference he pressed.I mean in this example ChildCollection[1] ?

Thanks In advance
Venu