Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@shapeblue.com> on 2023/09/11 09:17:13 UTC

[Proposal] KVM ingestion in CloudStack

Hi,
CloudStack supports import/export of unmanaged instances for VMware. Similar feature for KVM is WIP: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/7712
Support for migrating instances from VMware to KVM is also WIP: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/7881

To enhance KVM import capabilities further, I would like to add support for importing  external KVM instances. External KVM instances can imported from non-CloudStack orchestration engines or from a standalone KVM host. Initial implementation will support import of libvirt based instances which are in stopped state (Cold Migration). Later phases can support Live Migration and non-libvirt based. instances (e.g. Proxmox).

regards,
Kishan

Re: [Proposal] KVM ingestion in CloudStack

Posted by Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
That sounds amazing, Kishan!
Looking forward to progress on these.

Thank you