Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gary <ga...@comcast.net> on 2005/05/05 07:57:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtual Hosts on WinXP Pro Apache 2.0.54

I have tried every combination I can find for VirtualHost on apache 2.0.54
and Windows XP.

I have two name based domains: domain1.com and domain2.info

Can someone be so kind as to give me a secure setup that will work?

Everything goes into C:/apache2/httdocs on my test server at 127.0.0.1.

Thanks!

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts on WinXP Pro Apache 2.0.54

Posted by Tom Patterson <pa...@earthlink.net>.
I did it a little different, but just finished setting up several domains on
WinXP Pro Apache 2.0.54.  Probably some of conf file could be simplified,
but everything does work.

My Apache is set up in c:\apache\Apache2\.

The domains are set up in C:\apache\Apache2\Websites\, with the website
roots at c:\apache\Apache2\Websites\name\www\

In my configeration file, I have the following"

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "C:/apache/Apache2/Websites/Tompatterson/www"
    ServerName tompatterson.dnsalias.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "C:/apache/Apache2/Websites/Tompatterson/www"
    ServerName www.tompatterson.dnsalias.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "C:/apache/Apache2/Websites/Depression/www"
    ServerName depressionanonymous.tzo.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "C:/apache/Apache2/Websites/Depression/www"
    ServerName www.depressionanonymous.tzo.com
</VirtualHost>

The reason I set up two for each site was that I needed it to be able to
find each site with both http://domainname and with http://www.domainname.
I guess maybe I should have used the aliases to avoid having two entries for
each site.

-Tom

> I have tried every combination I can find for VirtualHost on apache 2.0.54
> and Windows XP.
>
> I have two name based domains: domain1.com and domain2.info
>
> Can someone be so kind as to give me a secure setup that will work?
>
> Everything goes into C:/apache2/httdocs on my test server at 127.0.0.1.

The configuration listed here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html#using
is secure and works.

If you need more help, you'll need to be much more specific about what
you tried and what the result was.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts on WinXP Pro Apache 2.0.54

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
We should be able to help you, with your configuration.
The config for virtualhosts is no different than for previous versions.
Did you migrate from a previous version and using the same config file
and did not change the ServerRoot? Otherwise I will suggest to show your
config to get more help.
Regards
Aman Raheja