Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu> on 2010/03/31 07:21:58 UTC

Examples

Hi all,

    I am learning Woden and I have simply copied the examples listed both
in the User Guide and in the distribution release notes - I noticed a
few issues
with the examples:

    DescriptionElement descElem = reader.readWSDL(wsdlurl2);        //
the <description> element

The above right hand side of the statement returns a Description and NOT
a DescriptionElement
so the compilation fails. To fix it I used this instead:

       Description descComp = reader.readWSDL(wsdlurl2);
// the Description component, always returned
       DescriptionElement descElem = descComp.toElement();            //
the <description> element, if required

Why is the original statement broken?

Also with these statements the last one fails on the faults[0]:
       InterfaceElement interfaceElem = interfaces[0];
       InterfaceFaultElement[] faults =
interfaceElem.getInterfaceFaultElements();
       XmlSchemaElement xsElem = faults[0].getElement();
To fix it I has to use:
           XmlSchemaElement xsElem = faults[0].getXmlSchemaElement();

I am wondering if the examples are stale or if I am missing something.

Thanks

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Sounds good Sagara thanks - I will post my requirements and see what
others say.

Thanks

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
One more question I have is this - since I am trying to parse WSDL 2.0
documents
on mobile devices, importing the complete Woden package over will be
impossible
at this point. How easy will it be to extract components from Woden that
will allow
me to carry out the tasks that my peers (devices) need - for example, if
all a mobile
client is interested in is to retrieve the address of the REST resource,
or the Qname
etc for the SOAP service, how easy will it be to extract those parts of
the functionality
from Woden's baseline?

Thanks again

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Super - thanks Arthur and Sagara

Re: Examples

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.

From:
Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>
To:
woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Arthur - thanks for the response. I will give it a shot and let you know.

Re: Examples

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ar...@gmail.com>.
Demetris,

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Sounds good - thanks Arthur.

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Examples

Re: Examples

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Demetris,

From:
Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>
To:
woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Examples

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ar...@gmail.com>.
Demetris,

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Sagara,

Re: Examples

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Examples

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Good link - thanks Arthur I will follow up on that one.

Re: Examples

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Demetris,

From:
Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>
To:
woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Examples

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Examples

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Examples

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Ok Thanks Sagara and Dilshan ---

I guess I will need to use the lighter parsers ( I have used kXML once
before) and do the parsing
my self. I am assuming needing to parse both for SOAP  and REST
descriptions will be a separate
project by itself but if my app is seeking only a few particular parts
of the WSDL file it should not
be as bad.

I can also look at Axis2, CXF and WSO2 even though they don't use mobile
parsers either - just
to get an idea on the parsing. Will anyone working with Woden fix the
examples that have the issues
I pointed out?  Are there any other examples available?

Thanks

Re: Examples

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Demetris,