Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@modpython.org> on 2003/10/16 22:48:05 UTC

Re: [mod_python] RE: Testing 3.1.1b

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Gerrat Rickert wrote:

> +1  ;)

> This is in response to you asking for *Anyone* to test this version.

*Anyone on the python-dev@httpd.apache.org list*, not just anyone. :-)
(Of course anyone can subscribe to this list)

The responses should go to this list too, not the mod_python one, most
people over there don't know what we're talking about when 3.1.1b is
mentioned...

(especially given that based on the responses I'm getting it will be more
likely 3.1.2b that will actually get announced and released, the session
locks thing seems to cause too much trouble on linux and freebsd)

> Win2K, Python 2.3.2, Apache 2.0.47
>
> My comprehensive test suite :) consists of a few web pages that use a custom
> PythonHandler, Cheetah templates, and cx_Oracle, to allow a customer to log
> in, track their session, and produce some dynamic reports.  Everything
> functioned as before.  I'm very happy that I can move up to Python 2.3 & mp
> 3.1.  Keep up the great work!
>
> Gerrat Rickert
>
> P.S.  I have been watching the modpython home page, waiting for a Win binary
> compatable with Python 2.3.  Now that this is available, you may want to
> update that page so maybe more people will download it & try it.

we will, when all the problems are fixed :-)

Grisha