Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2022/09/01 08:26:21 UTC

Re: Board Report Draft - 2022 September

Hi,

> On 31. Aug 2022, at 20:58, Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve written up our Board Report for September and posted it on the wiki page where we make the submission (and gone ahead and signed off). Here’s the link for your review—and please do review it! 😊
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/September2022#annotator

The report states that a reason for few releases is a complicated release process.
I think the process itself is pretty straight-forward (compared e.g. to the Apache UIMA release process... *caugh*).

  https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/wiki/Creating-a-Release

What seems to be the hurdle is the voting. Having looked at the podling release process,
I understand better how that works for incubator projects now:

  https://incubator.apache.org/cookbook/#two_phase_vote_on_podling_releases

The reviewing and voting on releases for annotator in principle also doesn't look too
complicated to me. It is pretty well described. I guess the fact alone that the process
exists may be intimidating, but that may mostly just be a mental blocker that can be
overcome.

-- Richard