Posted to dev@community.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/04/02 14:48:05 UTC

"alternative" to google summer of code.

Hi.

I created "Apache Software Foundation" as organization a while ago in
http://vps2.semesterofcode.com

This is a setup similar to GSoC except the students earn merit and do not
get paid. Projects normally run with the academic year, and I expect a new
round starting in August.

Should any project be interested in submitting proposals, then I am happy
to add the login to our
organizational account.

I am not comDev or a lot of other things, so if somebody feel the
organizational account should be moved to e.g. the comDev PMC, then just
let me know.

rgds
jan I.

Ps. one of my suggested projects is now "owned" by a student.

Re: "alternative" to google summer of code.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi

It looks as if you are trying to sign up as mentor and not as student. Your
university must participate in the program for you to sign in as student.

rgds
jan i

On 29 April 2015 at 00:12, Buddhika Jayawardhana <buddhika.anushka@gmail.com

Posted by Buddhika Jayawardhana <bu...@gmail.com>.