Posted to user@hawq.apache.org by Bob Glithero <rg...@pivotal.io> on 2017/03/23 17:00:03 UTC

REMINDER - MADlib Community call - Thursday, March 23 @ 11:30 am

Dear MADlib, HAWQ, and Greenplum Communities,

Reminder that we are organizing a MADlib Virtual Community Meeting
Thursday, March 23 at 11:30AM Pacific (18:30 GMT).   We hope to see you
there!

Join the meeting here: https://pivotal.zoom.us/j/820746991

Add to your calendar: https://
www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=b2xldjc1ODQ2dnJvZmhvbnMyMHNwOXM3MzAgcmdsaXRoZXJvQHBpdm90YWwuaW8&ctz=
America/Los_Angeles

For this meeting, we'll be describing and demonstrating new capabilities of
1.10 including:

* New modules: single source shortest path, the first algorithm in graph
processing in MADlib.  Also new encoding categorical variables, K-nearest
neighbors.

* Improvements to existing modules:  add grouping support to elastic net
and PCA, add cross validation to elastic net, array input for K-means,
verbose output option for decision trees and random forest, limit itemset
size in association rules, various madpack installer improvements

Finally, we’ll spend a little time discussing the upcoming 1.11 release.

Release notes can be found here:

*https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.10
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.10>*

Software:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/madlib/1.10.0-incubating//

User documentation:

*http://madlib.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/
<http://madlib.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/>*

Bob Glithero | Product Marketing
Pivotal, Inc.
rglithero@pivotal.io | m: 415.341.5592

Re: REMINDER - MADlib Community call - Thursday, March 23 @ 11:30 am

Posted by Bob Glithero <rg...@pivotal.io>.
If you missed today's call, you can view the replay here:

https://youtu.be/A65MyBhvhKY

regards,

Bob

Posted by Bob Glithero <rg...@pivotal.io>.