Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/02 16:16:45 UTC

Re: Implementation Policies

Folks,

Perhaps this calls for something more general which will support other
use cases.

How about some form of "management" interfaces which will allow an
application to get information about entities inside the runtime in a
controlled fashion?  So the idea would be to get some contribution(s)
running in the SCA runtime and then have a client application issue
queries about what is actually running, which would include information
such as Venkat requires to check the intents and policySets applying to
some componenet?

I realize that this is no trivial capability to add to the system, but
it will satisfy a number of goals in the longer run.

Yours,  Mike.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
I took Venkat's post as expressing a need for some kind of validation
that would be performed before the composite is allowed to be used by
the runtime.  This seems to preclude a solution based on management
interfaces, as these would presumably not come into play until the
composite is actually running.

Managemant interfaces would be good for other reasons, but it's not
clear to me that they can be used for this purpose.

   Simon