Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <de...@me.com> on 2009/11/29 19:58:43 UTC

New Wiki/Docs Location

The content from docs.ofbiz.org has been moved to the official ASF server:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dashboard.action

All of the OFBiz spaces look like they are imported and in place. From the Dashboard page just look for the "OFBiz ..." spaces. I renamed them so all 5 of them would be together in the list.

I was able to remove the older spaces that Gavin setup for us a LONG time ago, so we just have the imported ones.

The permissions should also be set so these are writable again.

However, permissions are probably a bit messed up since only people with accounts on the new server, with the same username, will have permissions retained.

For all committers: please send me and email with your username on cwiki.apache.org and I'll add you to the ofbiz-committers group so you'll have write access again.

For other who had permissions: if you find you're not able to edit something that you used to be able to, please let me know (and please send your cwiki.apache.org username when you do).

To Jacques and Tim and others who helped: thank you for making this happen!

-David

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Moreover I don't think we will refactor all the documentation now that we have a workaround to search in all spaces at a time.
Of course if you are ready to help restructuring the documentation this would be much appreciated...

There is still this an issue when searching in OFBIZ space (for instance look for faq), but I guess it's an index issue and will be
fixed, I have asked the infra team for that...

Jacques

From: "Hans Bakker" <ma...@antwebsystems.com>

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
see inline.....

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <jv...@stromboli.it>.
First thanks to all who put effort in the community infrastructure,
invaluable for the project!

I agree on moving to a single space and make it more structured and
accessible for (potential) Ofbiz users. I was not able to find the content
of the docbooks on the wiki either which is a shame because potential users
might want to read and browse documentation before giving it at try. It also

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
it would be almost impossible since we used tiny URLs to do much of
the external linking and those all changed.  As for the others - I'll
put something in place that does:

/OFBIZ/* -> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/OFBIZ/*

and the same for the other spaces.  If someone knows those mappings
already - please just let me know and I'll get them up there ASAP.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

>>> spaces. Browse http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dashboard.action
>>> and
>>> click on the 'Star' besides any spaces to add.( or whilst in a
>>> space click on Tools > Favorite). (The star should go yellow)
>>> 2. Click in the search box and press enter to get the advanced
>>> search. (Which should bring you to

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thanks Sam - I'll dig in on this today and we'll be in a better place
because of it.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Sam,

From: "Sam Hamilton" <sa...@sh81.com>

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thanks David, works like a charm.

Regards
Scott

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
What do you mean by "the general login"?

If you mean your old login on docs.ofbiz.org, then no, that login won't work. You'll need to create an account on the new server.

-David

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
yes, thanks
will do

David E Jones sent the following on 12/1/2009 11:26 AM:

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
Yep, just found it!

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Oops, sorry it did not work. I thought I was still on the space but actually I did not apply the filter. So it was all spaces and
the faq I saw (it's title actually) was not ours.

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
There is a funny thing with cwiki.apache.org if you go there directly. To get to confluence you have to go to cwiki.apache.org/confluence (in other words it's not mounted on the root, I think because they have generated/exported html page directories mounted on root).

Where to send searches is a good question! Here is the basic URL:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dosearchsite.action?queryString=ofbiz

It would be nice to search in all 5 spaces, but I'm not sure if it supports it... I tried a bunch of variations but could only successfully search one space, like this:

Re: New Wiki/Docs Location

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I figured out how to send it to the search and will get this updated
ASAP.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--