Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mario Felarca <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/07 21:44:55 UTC

servlet.jar and 3.3

Hello,

I had a quick question. We are migrating to Tomcat 3.3a and for some reason
my servlets can't seem to see the servlet.jar, even though it is in the
lib/common directory.

I am sure it is probably just a small configuration error on my part, but
from the Tomcat Users Guide, it appears to me that the Webapp and
Application classloaders should be able to see the Common classloader.

If anyone has seen this and could help me out, or if could point me in the
right direction for the information, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Mario-

Re: servlet.jar and 3.3

Posted by Mario Felarca <ge...@yahoo.com>.
At 03:45 PM 02/07/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Mario,
>
>     I had sort of the same problem yesterday.  Make sure your CLASSPATH
> is set correctly.
>
>    For linux I put the CLASSPATH in /etc/profile and exported it and
> everything "lit" up.
>    I am not sure about windows???

I thought for Tomcat 3.3 it ignores your classpath. I am running it as a
service, which in essence launches it from command line with the -classpath
arg. The only thing of significance that I have on that parameter is the
Tomcat/lib/tomcat.jar.

Do you know if you changed some other configuration as well?

Thanks,

Mario-

Re: servlet.jar and 3.3

Posted by chad kellerman <ck...@alabanza.com>.
Mario,

    I had sort of the same problem yesterday.  Make sure your CLASSPATH is set correctly.

   For linux I put the CLASSPATH in /etc/profile and exported it and everything "lit" up.
   I am not sure about windows???

Chad