Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Gabor Bota <ga...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2020/07/13 10:36:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.1.4 (RC3)

Hi folks,

I have put together a release candidate (RC3) for Hadoop 3.1.4.

*****
The RC includes in addition to the previous ones:
* fix of YARN-10347. Fix double locking in
CapacityScheduler#reinitialize in branch-3.1
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-10347)
* the revert of HDFS-14941, as it caused
HDFS-15421. IBR leak causes standby NN to be stuck in safe mode.
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-15421)
* HDFS-15323, as requested.
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-15323)
*****

The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~gabota/hadoop-3.1.4-RC3/
The RC tag in git is here:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/releases/tag/release-3.1.4-RC3
The maven artifacts are staged at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1274/

You can find my public key at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS
and http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB86249D83539B38C

Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for 7 weekdays,
until July 22. 2020. 23:00 CET.

Thanks,
Gabor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.1.4 (RC3)

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
Hi Gabor Bota,

 > The RC is available at:
http://people.apache.org/~gabota/hadoop-3.1.4-RC3/

I could not find .sha512 for src and bin tarballs.
Could you upload the files too?

I'm +1 (binding), pending on them.

* verified the signature of the source tarball.
* built from source tarball with native profile enabled on CentOS 7 and
OpenJDK 8.
* built documentation and skimmed the contents.
* ran example jobs on 3 nodes docker cluster with NN-HA and RM-HA enblaed.
* launched pseudo-distributed cluster with Kerberos and SSL enabled, ran
basic EZ operation, ran example MR jobs.

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
Hi Gabor Bota,

Posted by Gabor Bota <ga...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thank you all for the suggestions and testing.
As there's a data loss issue in the release, I've created a new RC
with the patch included. I'll send the update soon.

Regards,
Gabor Bota

Posted by Gabor Bota <ga...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Gabor Bota <ga...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.