Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Robert Schmidtke <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/18 22:50:48 UTC

Gracefully stop long running streaming job

Hi everyone,

I am running a streaming benchmark which involves a potentially infinitely
running Flink Streaming Job. I run it blocking on YARN using ./bin/flink
run ... and then send the command into background, remembering its PID to
kill it later on. While this gets the work done, the job always ends up in
the FAILED state. I imagine it would be the same if I used ./bin/flink
cancel ... to cancel the job? It's not that pressing but it would be nice
to shut down a streaming job properly.

Thanks

Robert

--
My GPG Key ID: 336E2680

Re: Gracefully stop long running streaming job

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
I have to warn you that the Storm SpoutWrapper and the TwitterSource
are currently the only stoppable sources. However, we could make more
stoppable, e.g. the KafkaConsumer.

Posted by Robert Schmidtke <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.