Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bob Busby <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 19:11:17 UTC

Locally hosted CGI and HTML clipped to portlet window

Hello list:

  Forgive me if this is a dumb question - I'm new to portals - in an
evaluation period.  I need to make Jetspeed2 display the output of a C-code
CGI program in a portlet window.  I've found the IFrame portlet and managed
to configure it to display a locally-hosted HTML file, and I found the Perl
and PHP portlets.  Is there anyway to get IFrame to work with a compiled
binary CGI program, or is there another solution?  Any pointers to proper
documentation would be appreciated.

Re: Locally hosted CGI and HTML clipped to portlet window

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Bob Busby wrote:
> David:
>
>  Thanks for your reply.  So my alternative, if I understand this correctly,
> is to host the CGIs in a locally installed instance of Apache, secure the
> cgi-bin directory, and use SSOWebContentPortlet with a URL that looks
> something like this "http://localhost/cgi-bin/cprogram.cgi".  Does that
> sound like I know what I'm talking about, or is there a better approach?

Yes, that sounds about right.
Or you could us SSOIFramePortlet as well

Re: Locally hosted CGI and HTML clipped to portlet window

Posted by Bob Busby <ro...@gmail.com>.
David:

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.