Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Dmitry Skavish <sk...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/09 19:21:34 UTC

Generating bundle manifest at runtime

Hi,

I need something a bit unorthodox and it would be great if anybody could
point me in the right direction.

We are using bundle maven plugin, so all our OSGi meta is stored in pom.
Usually we build out product just by running maven, but during development
it's more trouble than it's worth, so I just would like to compile different
modules (OSGi bundles) to their own classes directory using an IDE (Intellij
in our case). Then I need to start OSGi framework, but I don't have bundles
as jars, I have them as "classes" directories. There is a way to install and
start a bundle in felix from a directory using "reference:" url. But the
problem is that there is no bundle manifest in "classes" because bundle
maven plugin generates it only to jar.

So the question is: can I somehow start bundle plugin standalone (at my
runtime) to generate manifest from the specified pom?

I understand that I can use bnd at runtime, but I would like to avoid that
since all my OSGi meta is already in pom, so using bundle plugin would be a
better choice here.

Thanks a lot!

--
Dmitry Skavish

Re: Generating bundle manifest at runtime

Posted by Dmitry Skavish <sk...@gmail.com>.
thanks!

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

--