Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Lavelle, Shawn" <Sh...@osii.com> on 2016/07/21 14:53:36 UTC

Upgrading a Hive External Storage Handler...

Hello,

   I am looking to upgrade a Hive 0.11 external storage handler that was run on Shark 0.9.2 to work on spark-sql 1.6.1.  I’ve run into a snag in that it seems that the storage handler is not receiving predicate pushdown information.

   Being fairly new to Spark’s development, would someone please tell me A) Can I still use external storage handlers in HIVE or am I forced to use the new DataFrame API and B) Did I miss something in how Pushdown Predicates work or are accessed due to the upgrade from hive 0.11 to hive 1.2.1?

   Thank you,

~ Shawn M Lavelle

[cid:image81c412.GIF@06ba31c3.4ab1cd04]

Shawn Lavelle