Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Chandra Sekhar <sv...@lasersoft.co.in> on 2006/10/30 06:59:26 UTC

Best way of getting a Form Name through JSF way

Hi Experts,

         I need a solution regarding,the JSF way of getting a Form name and
display it on the header while loading a JSF page .

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra Sekhar.

Re: Best way of getting a Form Name through JSF way

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
The form name is the same as the form ID. From a control, simply surf
the parents until you get to the form control and then get the ID:

String formId = null;
for (UIComponent parent = comp.getParent(); parent != null; parent =
parent.getParent())
{
  if (parent instanceof HtmlForm)
  {