Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2001/07/13 17:52:31 UTC

C2 performance

Guys I was playing a little bit with JMeter and maybe
I was doing something totally wrong but the result was
more than disappointing...

I hit our Win2000 + JDK 1.3 + Tomcat 4b3 + C2.1dev installation
on a PIII 700 with 256MB with 10 threads and a constant delay
of 1000ms. For http://host:8080/cocoon/welcome I could see the
JVM eat the memory 1MB/s!!

Same thing with our test site.

Shouldn't our caching system prevent such a memory consumption?

You out there with C2 live sites... What are your experiences?
--
Torsten

RE: C2 performance

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> > Guys I was playing a little bit with JMeter and maybe
> > I was doing something totally wrong but the result was
> > more than disappointing...
> >
> > I hit our Win2000 + JDK 1.3 + Tomcat 4b3 + C2.1dev installation
> > on a PIII 700 with 256MB with 10 threads and a constant delay
> > of 1000ms. For http://host:8080/cocoon/welcome I could see the
> > JVM eat the memory 1MB/s!!
> >
> > Same thing with our test site.
> >
> > Shouldn't our caching system prevent such a memory consumption?
> >
> > You out there with C2 live sites... What are your experiences?
>
> i had relatively poor experiences with all of the tomcats. i switched to
> caucho resin and haven't looked back.
>
> - donald

This is amazing!! Resin did the job!
Thanks, mate!