Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kanthiah Easwara Chandran <ea...@hotmail.com> on 2015/03/26 19:03:09 UTC

Sorting Data Resulting in Corrupt Results

Hello There Developers:

I came across a problem that I want to bring to your attention.

I was using the Spreadsheet program “calcs”. When I sorted the data based the date order it did the sorting, but kept the formulae with “Absolute” values of cell references in formulae, thus resulting in the sorted data making reference to irrelevant fields not related to “set” of data that it applies to.

Thus the set of data after sorting contains unrelated data from other sets not that belongs to family in the “set”. In other words the formulae make references to unrelated fields from other “sets” or “rows”.

Please looking to this matter as many users use the spreadsheets and sort the data as and when needed. You do not want them to make presentations with sorted data containing unrelated elements of data in the sets.

Thank you.

I am glad for having to this opportunity to give you this feed back.

Best regards.

K. Easwara Chandran

Sent from Windows Mail

Re: Sorting Data Resulting in Corrupt Results

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/26/2015 07:03 PM, schrieb Kanthiah Easwara Chandran:
> I came across a problem that I want to bring to your attention.
>
> I was using the Spreadsheet program “calcs”. When I sorted the data based the date order it did the sorting, but kept the formulae with “Absolute” values of cell references in formulae, thus resulting in the sorted data making reference to irrelevant fields not related to “set” of data that it applies to.
>
> Thus the set of data after sorting contains unrelated data from other sets not that belongs to family in the “set”. In other words the formulae make references to unrelated fields from other “sets” or “rows”.
>
> Please looking to this matter as many users use the spreadsheets and sort the data as and when needed. You do not want them to make presentations with sorted data containing unrelated elements of data in the sets.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I am glad for having to this opportunity to give you this feed back.

at the moment I don't know if this is a real problem in OpenOffice. For
this kind of problems we have our user forums [1]. Here many more users
are present and could help you out. Furthermore you can give some more
concret examples.

So, to get more feedback and a solution I would like to ask you to
report the problem also there.

[1] https://forum.openoffice.org/

Thanks

Marcus