Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Abhijeet Jha <ab...@logicmonitor.com> on 2021/07/08 05:53:37 UTC

ECDSA support in Apache guacamole v1.0.0

Hi,

Can someone confirm if Guacamole v1.0.0 supports the ECDSA format key for
ssh connection. The libssh2 official page mentions supporting the following
keys -

   - *Hostkey Types*: ssh-rsa, ssh-dss

Still, wanted to check if I am missing something?

Regards,
Abhijeet Jha

Re: ECDSA support in Apache guacamole v1.0.0

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 1:54 AM Abhijeet Jha <ab...@logicmonitor.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone confirm if Guacamole v1.0.0 supports the ECDSA format key for
> ssh connection. The libssh2 official page mentions supporting the following
> keys -
>
>    - *Hostkey Types*: ssh-rsa, ssh-dss
>
> Still, wanted to check if I am missing something?

Guacamole's support for SSH, and various ciphers and key algorithms, relies
completely on what libssh2 supports. If libssh2 doesn't support it, it
doesn't work in Guacamole.

There is an effort to allow Guacamole to leverage libssh instead of
libssh2, but it hasn't been completed, yet. This may add support for other
ciphers and algorithms not supported in libssh2.

-Nick