Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2015/03/25 00:35:36 UTC

New committer Nate D'Amico

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Bigtop has asked Nate
D'Amico to become a committer and take on the role of the Bigtop Community
Manager. We are pleased to announce that the invitation was accepted.

Nate D'Amico has been actively helping the Bigtop project for a few months now
and it's a pleasure to have him on board! In the short term, Nate will be
focusing on the community development, helping with the project presence at
the conferences and similar marketing efforts.

Welcome and let the Dao be with you!
  Cos

Re: New committer Nate D'Amico

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Nate!

Thanks,
Youngwoo

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Nate!

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Congrats & welcome, Nate !

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Welcome nate !!!

--
jay vyas

Re: New committer Nate D'Amico

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Welcome nate !!!

--
jay vyas

Re: New committer Nate D'Amico

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Nate!

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Congratulations Nate, and welcome.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: New committer Nate D'Amico

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:54 PM,  <na...@reactor8.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the invite and warm welcome,
>
> Excited to help out in any way possible and see how the group can push bigtop to the next
> level in 2015 so it continues to set the standard for big data testing, packaging and deployment.

Hear hear!

> I will be at Apachecon Monday thru the Spark event on Thursday.  The goal is to get some
> meetup/hang time scheduled for the group memebers, or new folks, attending in Austin.
> We will plan more in the next couple weeks as the event approaches.

I'll be there most of the time. Lets get the ball rolling!

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: New committer Nate D'Amico

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:54 PM,  <na...@reactor8.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the invite and warm welcome,
>
> Excited to help out in any way possible and see how the group can push bigtop to the next
> level in 2015 so it continues to set the standard for big data testing, packaging and deployment.

Hear hear!

> I will be at Apachecon Monday thru the Spark event on Thursday.  The goal is to get some
> meetup/hang time scheduled for the group memebers, or new folks, attending in Austin.
> We will plan more in the next couple weeks as the event approaches.

I'll be there most of the time. Lets get the ball rolling!

Thanks,
Roman.

RE: New committer Nate D'Amico

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.
Thanks everyone for the invite and warm welcome,

Excited to help out in any way possible and see how the group can push bigtop to the next level in 2015 so it continues to set the standard for big data testing, packaging and deployment.  To understand where I am coming from, my background has been in the app (web, mobile) development space and product mgmt.  Starting about 4 years ago I started developing interests in deployment and config mgmt. and have focused an unhealthy amount of time in how to make the user experience of configuring and deploying complex systems easier.  Our org has been using bigtop deployment components in several projects for the past couple years, looking forward to our guys to contribute back some of our newer work, we recently got approval from couple customers to do so.

As Cos and Jay mentioned in near term will be focused generally in community building and UX of bigtop.  UX in the general sense of what is the experience like currently, and how can we make it better for the following scenarios:

-new operations folks getting started to download, build/test/deploy/monitor
-application developers and data scientists getting started to download, deploy, use
-adding/contributing new "core" components to the stack
-adding/contributing new "additive" components to the stack
-adding/contributing new tests
-improving the CI process, and empowering people who want or need to be on bleeding edge of components versions to still use the solid foundation of bigtop

I will be at Apachecon Monday thru the Spark event on Thursday.  The goal is to get some meetup/hang time scheduled for the group memebers, or new folks, attending in Austin.  We will plan more in the next couple weeks as the event approaches.

Nate

Posted by Peter Linnell <pl...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 23:35:36 +0000
Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Bigtop has asked
> Nate D'Amico to become a committer and take on the role of the Bigtop
> Community Manager. We are pleased to announce that the invitation was
> accepted.
>
> Nate D'Amico has been actively helping the Bigtop project for a few
> months now and it's a pleasure to have him on board! In the short
> term, Nate will be focusing on the community development, helping
> with the project presence at the conferences and similar marketing
> efforts.
>
> Welcome and let the Dao be with you!
>   Cos

Very welcome news for Apache Bigtop and he's all around good guy.

Thanks,

Peter

Re: New committer Nate D'Amico

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.