Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io> on 2019/04/17 23:17:42 UTC

defunct branches

We have nearly 400 branches in the repo right now.  Most of them are for
efforts that have been merged to develop long ago.  Don't forget to
delete your branches when you're done with them.

Re: defunct branches

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.

> On Apr 18, 2019, at 8:01 AM, Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> It's also pretty weird that the UI doesn't show all of the release branches, like these:
>
>      origin/release/1.1
>      origin/release/1.2.0
>      origin/release/1.2.1
>      origin/release/1.3.0
>      origin/release/1.4.0
>      origin/release/1.5.0
>      origin/release/1.6.0

These release branches are deleted after release and the HEAD is tag as rel/v1.6.0 (or whatever).

Re: defunct branches

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.

Re: defunct branches

Posted by Xiaojian Zhou <gz...@pivotal.io>.
Yes, I cannot find GEODE-3967 either.

%103 ~/git12/geode > git br -r | grep 3967

%103 ~/git12/geode >

Re: defunct branches

Posted by Patrick Rhomberg <pr...@apache.org>.

Re: defunct branches

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Re: defunct branches

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.

Re: defunct branches

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.
That's weird.  No, I'm not working off of a personal fork.

     > git remote -v
    origin    ssh://git@github.com/apache/geode.git (fetch)
    origin    ssh://git@github.com/apache/geode.git (push)

And "git branch -r" shows a lot more branches than the UI URL.  I see
this on multiple machines where I have cloned the apache repo.

Re: defunct branches

Posted by Jason Huynh <jh...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Bruce,