Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Craig Morrison <cr...@2cah.com> on 2006/08/12 02:49:45 UTC

Slow scan time

http://www3.2cah.com/spam/sa_slowhtml.txt

I got inundated with messages similar to this today. The average scan
time here for these is 25+ seconds when the box is under _low_ load.

My guess is that it has to do with the number of URLs.

Any thoughts on this?

--
Craig

Re: Slow scan time

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
So...  They fabricated a mail with a fake mailer, added some fake
double-bounce headers, and then sent it to your postmaster account?  That
seems exceptionally unclever of some idiot.

I just ran that twice here on an unloaded system and it took about 6.5
seconds.  Only net rule it hit was spamcop.  I would guess that the net
tests are slowing it down for you, but I'm not real sure why.

BTW, that hit 12 points here.  Of course about 8 of those points are local
rules.

Still, I can see several potential rules that could be written for those
puppies, if the signs remain consistent.

        Loren