Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Frank Pepermans <fr...@hotmail.com> on 2012/12/17 08:12:03 UTC

Adobe Scout (was Monocle)

I’m sure most of you already know about this, but you can now easily inject telemetry into existing Flex projects and run Scout via the Scout enabler tool :
http://www.bytearray.org/?p=5025

On my project for example, I switched off accessibility after looking at the results, never knew it impacted performance that much.

Re: Adobe Scout (was Monocle)

Posted by sébastien Paturel <se...@gmail.com>.
someone at Adobe made an Air app wich transform a swf to a telemetry
friendly swf.
code is here:
https://github.com/renaun/ActionScriptExamples/tree/master/SWFScoutEnabler
i think its not that complicated :) all happens in the flash player in fact

Re: Adobe Scout (was Monocle)

Posted by sébastien Paturel <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,
I created the jira ticket FLEX-33312
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33312>

The option only sets a flag in the swf. Thats nothing much.
Thanks
Seb

Re: Adobe Scout (was Monocle)

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.