Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jiangjie Qin <jq...@linkedin.com.INVALID> on 2015/09/24 02:53:17 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-31 - Move to relative offsets in compressed message sets.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reviews and feedback on KIP-31. It looks all the
concerns of the KIP has been addressed. I would like to start the voting
process.

The short summary for the KIP:
We are going to use the relative offset in the message format to avoid
server side recompression.

In case you haven't got a chance to check, here is the KIP link.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-31+-+Move+to+relative+offsets+in+compressed+message+sets

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin

Re: [VOTE] KIP-31 - Move to relative offsets in compressed message sets.

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@confluent.io>.
I'm +1 though that is dependent on having a graceful migration path for
people.

-Jay

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Dong

Posted by Jiangjie Qin <jq...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Thanks a lot for the reply, Jun. Yes, during implementation we can validate
the version configurations to make sure they make sense.

Since there haven't been objections in a couple of days. I am just closing
this KIP with a pass.

KIP-31 is passed with four +1(binding), four +1(non binding) and no -1.

Thanks a lot for all the reviews and votes.

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Jiangjie Qin <jq...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Hi folks,

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
+1

-Ewen

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> wrote:

> +1. I agree that it's worth thinking through the migration plan a bit more.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > +1 on everything but the upgrade plan, which is a bit scary - will
> > comment on the discuss thread.
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Mayuresh Gharat
> > <gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > +1

> > all
> > the

> link.
> > >> > > > >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-31+-+Move+to+relative+offsets+in+compressed+message+sets

> > > --
> > > -Regards,
> > > Mayuresh R. Gharat
> > > (862) 250-7125

Ewen

Re: [VOTE] KIP-31 - Move to relative offsets in compressed message sets.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mayuresh Gharat <gh...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
-Regards,
Mayuresh R. Gharat

Re: [VOTE] KIP-31 - Move to relative offsets in compressed message sets.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-31 - Move to relative offsets in compressed message sets.

Posted by Aditya Auradkar <aa...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
+1

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Todd Palino <tp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1000
>
> !
>
> -Todd
>
> On Wednesday, September 23, 2015, Jiangjie Qin <jq...@linkedin.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for the reviews and feedback on KIP-31. It looks all the
> > concerns of the KIP has been addressed. I would like to start the voting
> > process.
> >
> > The short summary for the KIP:
> > We are going to use the relative offset in the message format to avoid
> > server side recompression.
> >
> > In case you haven't got a chance to check, here is the KIP link.
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-31+-+Move+to+relative+offsets+in+compressed+message+sets
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jiangjie (Becket) Qin

Neha

Re: [VOTE] KIP-31 - Move to relative offsets in compressed message sets.

Posted by Todd Palino <tp...@gmail.com>.
+1000

!