Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Raymond Cheng <ra...@hk-dttn.com> on 2007/09/13 03:46:47 UTC

Any library to support Excel 2007?

Hi,

Could anyone provide some libraries to extract Excel 2007 content?

I know that it is a package containing a number of xml files.
I want to use java program to extract its content and make some changes.

Thanks,

Raymond

Re: Any library to support Excel 2007?

Posted by 李强 <li...@gmail.com>.
Excel 2007 format is open.You can get it's content yourself.
http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-376.htm

There is open source project openxml4j,but it current only work with docx.
http://www.openxml4j.org/

You can modify it to work with xlsx.

Re: Any library to support Excel 2007?

Posted by "Michael J. Prichard" <mi...@mac.com>.
I, too, am interested in just being able to extract text from Word 2007,
Powerpoint 2007 and Excel 2007.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Doug Stevens <dm...@bendcable.com>.
Try Xelem