Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Georg Daniel Vassilopulos <a...@viot.de> on 2002/04/22 16:29:16 UTC

Embedding FOP within Servlet

Hello All,

With the example "embedding" distributed with fop-0.20.3-src.tar.gz I got stuck.

The PDF generation from a *.fo file works fine. But while generating
a PDF out of a xml file and a xsl stylesheet I always get the exception:

org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: javax.xml.transform.Transformer
	at org.apache.fop.apps.XSLTInputHandler.getParser(XSLTInputHandler.java:107)
	at FopServlet.renderXML(FopServlet.java:118)
	at FopServlet.doGet(FopServlet.java:67)

I have following jar files in my tomcat/webapps/WEB_INF/lib directory and the logiles report
that following jar file were found (yes I did put them there):

ant.jar
ant-1.3-optional.jar
avalon-framework-4.0.jar
batik.jar
bsf.jar
buildtools.jar
fop.jar
logkit-1.0.jar
stylebook.jar
xalan-2.0.0.jar
xerces-1.2.3.jar

I thougt the Transformer class ships with xalan-2.0.0.jar but anyway, I get the exception.

Any help would be great.

Thanks a lot...
Georg

Re: Embedding FOP within Servlet

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
That's a classloader issue. I haven't investigated what exactly the
problem is, but putting xalan.jar in common/lib or lib instead of
WEB-INF/lib should do the trick.

On 22.04.2002 16:29:16 Georg Daniel Vassilopulos wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> With the example "embedding" distributed with fop-0.20.3-src.tar.gz I got stuck.
>
> The PDF generation from a *.fo file works fine. But while generating
> a PDF out of a xml file and a xsl stylesheet I always get the exception:
>
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: javax.xml.transform.Transformer
> 	at org.apache.fop.apps.XSLTInputHandler.getParser(XSLTInputHandler.java:107)
> 	at FopServlet.renderXML(FopServlet.java:118)
> 	at FopServlet.doGet(FopServlet.java:67)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>

> I have following jar files in my tomcat/webapps/WEB_INF/lib directory and the logiles report
> that following jar file were found (yes I did put them there):
>
> ant.jar
> ant-1.3-optional.jar
> avalon-framework-4.0.jar
> batik.jar
> bsf.jar
> buildtools.jar
> fop.jar
> logkit-1.0.jar
> stylebook.jar
> xalan-2.0.0.jar
> xerces-1.2.3.jar
>

> I thougt the Transformer class ships with xalan-2.0.0.jar but anyway, I get the exception.
>
> Any help would be great.
>
> Thanks a lot...
> Georg

Cheers,