Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Bill Rosenberg <bi...@eRosenberg.com> on 2000/08/16 00:14:40 UTC

javac

When the javac task runs, I want to have the class files sent to a
seperate tree that mirrors the source code tree using:

<target name="server" depends="utilitiesC">
     <javac srcdir="${top}/src/edgemed/server" destdir="${top}/classes"
classpath="${classpath}"
       />
</target>

Each time it runs however, it compiles every class in the srcdir instead
of the ones that have changed or the ones that do not have a .class in
the destdir. It does not seem to know its class files are somewhere
else. Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Bill

Re: javac

Posted by Rod McChesney <ro...@expressaction.com>.
Is your top package named "edgemed", and you're trying to compile just
the "server" subpackage? If so, you probably want to set srcdir to
"${top}/src" and use "includes=**/server/" instead of what you're doing.
I think the problem is the classes are getting built into the wrong
package, so the checks fail.

HTH,

Rod McChesney

RE: javac

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Bill,

I have committed a patch to CVS whereby javac will, in verbose mode, tell
you why it is compiling a particular file. It will help you understand where
it is looking for class files, that is where it expects the class files to
be.

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill