Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/09/14 23:17:01 UTC

Re: Proposal to introduce axis2 specific annotations to supplement JSR 181

Rajith,

I think this is the way to go.  It removes the ambiguity of where the
endpoint needs to be deployed.

Just to clarify one point though, if no @Axis2ServiceBinding annotation is
included, seems like the default would be JAX-WS.  If not, then there will
be TCK failures as we can't require additional annotation information to
deploy the endpoint.

As for @MessageReceiver, for JAX-WS, everything is going through the
JAXWSMessageReceiver so we can just default to that if the binding is
JAXWS.  I'm not as familiar with the Axis2 binding, but couldn't the same
be done with the RPCMessageReceiver?  Or is this referring more to
generated MessageReceivers?

Regards,

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  -  WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-838-1182
Building: 901 / 5G-016

"Rajith Attapattu" <ra...@gmail.com>
09/14/2006 03:25 PM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Proposal to introduce axis2 specific annotations to supplment JSR 181

Hi All,

Based on the wiki page
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/JAX-WS/JSR-181 we need to decide
which approach we are going to take.
The last approach seems more practical. If we select the last approach
described in the proposal we have the following option
We could introduce other annotations to supplement the JSR 181 defined
annotations.
This would make the annotated POJO approach more Axis2 friendly.

Here is the annotation defined in the wiki proposal
@Axis2ServiceBinding(types={ServiceBindingType.NATIVE ,
ServiceBindingType.JAXWS})

I propose the following
@EngageModule (addressing)  which use to annotate at Class level (Service)
or method level (operation).

@MessageReceiver("MR class name") used at method level. (operation)

Please feel free to add more suggestions

Regards,

Rajith

Re: Proposal to introduce axis2 specific annotations to supplement JSR 181

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Rajith,

That make sense...  Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  -  WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-838-1182
Building: 901 / 5G-016

"Rajith Attapattu" <ra...@gmail.com>
09/14/2006 04:52 PM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Proposal to introduce axis2 specific annotations to supplement JSR 181

Nicholas.

I agree that in the absence of Axsi2 specific annotations we have to
assume JAX-WS and the message receiver should be JAXWSMessageReceiver.

@EngageModule will make more sense if the @Axis2ServiceBinding is of type
"Native". (Eventhough this can be used with JAX-WS it will fail with the
TCK)

As for @MessageReceiver by default it should be RPCMessageReceiver, and
RPCInOnlyMessageReceiver if the operation is marked with @OneWay but if
somebody wants to override this for some reason, then we should provide
it.

For example somebody may want to use RPCInOutAsyncMessageReceiver instead
of the RPCMessageReceiver.

Regards,

Rajith.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.