Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Height, Jason" <jh...@subcorp.com.au> on 2003/09/19 08:58:45 UTC

Sharted Formula Support

Hello All,

I think that I have found where excel is corrupting in my examples. It seems
that the workbook that I am trying to copy has a Shared Formula record in
it. Looking at the ValueRecordAggregate it seems that these records are
inadventenly thrown away!!!

The way that the records are added in the construct method and then decoded
in the insertCell method is flawed. The SharedFormulaRecord is added to the
FormulaAggregate AFTER the FormulaAggregate is decoded in the insertCell
method.

Has anyone else experienced this or is working on shared formula support?

Jason

This e-mail (including attachments) is confidential information of Australian Submarine Corporation Pty Limited (ASC).  It may also be legally privileged.  Unauthorised use and disclosure is prohibited.  ASC is not taken to have waived confidentiality or privilege if this e-mail was sent to you in error. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender promptly.  While ASC takes steps to identify and eliminate viruses, it cannot confirm that this e-mail is free from them.  You should scan this e-mail for viruses before it is used.  The statements in this e-mail are those of the sender only, unless specifically stated to be those of ASC by someone with authority to do so.

Re: Sharted Formula Support

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org>.
Sorry, havent been able to look at mail all day.......

I'll have a look at this on sunday, dont have a minute till then... but
here are my (random) thoughts...

I had fixed a significant bug similar to this. The issue was the string
record had to be AFTER the shared formula record rather than before for
string+shared formulas. This went in before 2.0pre3 on the 2.0 branch,
as well as on HEAD.

If you check the testcase called test15228 in TestBugs.java, and its
associated xl file (15228.xls).

So clearly, while SOME shared formulas work on rewrite, some dont.

There are some people working on SharedFormulas, but primarily on its
toFormulaString implementation.

As i said, the earliest i can take a look at this is on sunday.. which i
will.

Regards
-
Avik