Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by michael <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/22 21:24:44 UTC

How can i manipulate groups and attributeGroups?

Hi everybody!

I want your help one more time,

I tried to manipulate groups and attributeGroups on my XSD via
modelGroups( ) & attributeGroups( ) methods but i couldn't "see" what
was inside of the above groups.

The only thing i found is how i can print the name of the group via
getName(  ).tostring(  ) ,i couldn't find how to go inside the group
and  "see" the  elements  and  attributes  respectively.

Generally,how i can go inside  on groups and attributeGroups.What should
i do?For example on elements you can use the particle methods and you
can get from this the child elements,again on elements you can get
attributes with attributeProperties( )  that gives you the attributes
of the element.... what is the procedure to get the elements/attibutes
of a group or a attributeGroup respectively!

Thanks in advance!

RE: How can i manipulate groups and attributeGroups?

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@oracle.com>.
For XMLSchema 1.0, there are some subtleties associated with attribute/model groups. Bottom line, we don't expose the group content as part of the SchemaAttribute/ModelGroup, but we expand the group content in-place where it is referenced.

Radu