Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Hussein El Ghoul <hu...@quiqup.com> on 2022/02/02 08:42:38 UTC

Read Avro type records from kafka using Python - Datastream API

Hello,

I am currently working on program that uses flink to read avro type records from kafka.
I have the avro schema of the records I want to read in a file but I looked all over github, the documentation and stack Overflow for examples on how to use AvroRowDeserializationSchema to deserialize a Kafka topic with Avro type but could not find any.
Could you please provide an example using Python that is compatible with the Datastream API ?

Best Regards,
Hussein
Quiqup - Data Engineer

Re: Read Avro type records from kafka using Python - Datastream API

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@ververica.com>.
Hi Hussein,

Thanks for your question. I see that you've posted this multiple times in
the past couple of days, please leave some time for people to reply. The
User mailing list is set up for asynchronous replies, sending it multiple
times in such a short time frame makes it seem pushy. People try to help
out each other based on best effort.

I'm looping in Dian and Xingbo since they are more familiar with the Python
stack in Flink. However, since this week Chinese New Year is celebrated, it
could be that it takes them longer to respond.

Best regards,

Martijn