Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com> on 2018/07/27 10:11:39 UTC

CloudStack ELK log management plugin

Dear CloudStack community,

Today we announce the first public release of CloudStack plugin for virtual
machines log management. The plugin uses ELK stack (specifically Filebeat,
Logstash, Elasticsearch) to gather, organize and access virtual machines
log through Apache CloudStack API.

We publish the plugin under the Apache 2 License and will be happy if you
find the product useful. If ApacheCloudStack community and leaders welcome
inclusion of the plugin in the main source tree, then we will be happy to
do it. However, now, It's delivered as a separate plug-in which can be
deployed as a prebuilt JAR or compiled by the interested user him/herself.

As for UI, we are out of capacity for UI development and unable to provide
the plugin with the UI but If someone could write UI part of it. We are
ready to collaborate and help with it.

Project link, source code and documentation:
https://github.com/bwsw/cloud-plugin-vm-logs

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks Software, Ltd.

Re: CloudStack ELK log management plugin

Posted by Rodrigo Jorge <rl...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for shared with us, good JOB !

Rodrigo