Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/24 13:28:21 UTC

Re: [C2][Patch] SQLTransformer gives an DriverNotCapableException Exc eption when used with Interbase Interclient 1.6 JDBC Drivers

Ignacio,

Can you re-work your patch such that you pick up a flag from sitemap.xmap or cocoon.xconf to
choose whether to use the new prepareStatement with 3 parameters or to use the old one which takes
in just one parameter. This way people can use whichever they want.

Another option is to catch the DNCE and then switch to the old method, but this will slow down
your access a bit. So i'd prefer a flag as mentioned above.

Please let us know if you have some time to rework your patch.

Thanks,
dims

--- "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es> wrote:
> Hola a todos:
>
> The patch attached solves an issue related to the Interclient Interbase
> JDBC Drivers v1.6, that it's not enterely JDBC 2 capable ( i Know I Know
> but for ib 5.6 there arent better JDBC Drivers available AFAIK :)..
>
> Concretely does not support the following method signature ( amongst a
> bunch of others that till now did affect to C2) used on SQLTransformer:
>
> public PreparedStatement prepareStatement(String sql,int
> resultSetType,int resultSetConcurrency)
> 	throws SQLException
>
> public CallableStatement prepareCall(String sql,int resultSetType,int
> resultSetConcurrency)
> 	throws SQLException
>
> that methods give the DNCE mentioned in the subject..
>
> AFAIK the patch is harmless because the PreparedStatement and
> CallableStatement are obtained with the most backward compatible Type
> and Concurrency posible..,
>
> Thanks..
>
> Saludos ,
> Ignacio J. Ortega
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/octet-stream name=SQLTransformer.java.diff

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI