Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/09/28 20:55:31 UTC

Re: Congratulations and Thank You!!

Re: Mail not getting rewritten/AV/RBL

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
You don't say what version of SA you are running.

On 2.63/2.64 you need a "rewrite_subject blah blah" in your local.cf.
On 3.0 it has become "rewrite_header Subject blah blah".
Also note that _HITS_ on 2.64 becomes _SCORE_ on 3.0.

The "report_safe [0|1]" variable could also be of interest to you.

As for virus scanners, many people seem to recommend ClamAV.  I have no
experience with it, but I haven't read any complaints that I can think of.

        Loren

Mail not getting rewritten/AV/RBL

Posted by li...@unixgrrl.net.
Hi!,

Im sure y'all have covered this before :) Though I might ask cause I cant
seem to find an answer.

I have a sparc 5 running Qmail/Cyrus/Procmail/OpenBSD 3.5 on a sparc 5
/100 MHZ and Spamassassin(Is this or is this not a testament to how well
this software is written!) . The problem is if I tail the maillog file I
can see it proclaiming something is SPAM but it doesnt actually rewrite
the subject line of the email.  What are the relevant settings in
local.cf? Is there something im missing :(

Is it possible to make sure its checking the RBL's when mail comes in. I
Installed Pyzor are there other possibly better databases?

And finally, are there any decent virus scanners out there for those who
are Windows impaired :)

Thanks for all you help :) and thanks for a great product...