Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chris Hardin <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/12 17:49:25 UTC

Struts Tag to stop caching of pages on a proxy server

What is a struts tag to replace this. I don't want to put this scriptlet in
my page.

<%
response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.1
response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.0
response.setDateHeader ("Expires", 0); //prevents caching at the proxy
server
%>

Re: Struts Tag to stop caching of pages on a proxy server

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 10:49 AM -0500 2002/06/12, Chris Hardin wrote:
>What is a struts tag to replace this. I don't want to put this
>scriptlet in my page.

There's no tag, but there's an controller parameter, "nocache".  In
Struts 1.1 you set it in the struts-config.xml file for the specific
sub app  (see
<http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/config/ControllerConfig.html>)
and In Struts 1.0 you set the "nocache" init parameter for the
ActionServlet (in web.xml).

Hope that helps
	Joe

><%
>response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.1
>response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.0
>response.setDateHeader ("Expires", 0); //prevents caching at the proxy server
>%>

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>