Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bansalp <bp...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/24 06:56:37 UTC

What all problems with broker or network can be detected using Transport Listener?

Hi,

What all problems with broker or network can be detected using Transport
Listener?

I am using failover uri with master/slave architecture. I want my clients to
get notify if there is any problem with connection from client to broker.
Though as soon as there will be problem with primary, failover will takeover
and vice versa, but I want my client to know that there was some problem.

I know I can implement TransportListener and set it to my connection..but
what all can be detected using TransportListener?

Re: What all problems with broker or network can be detected using Transport Listener?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I can't answer your question about TransportListeners, I'm using Camel and
the AbortSlowConsumerStrategy, and when it aborts a slow consumer, I get
the following two lines in that consumer's log file:

WARN 2014-Sep-24 00:02:09.082 [Camel (camel-1) thread #0 -
JmsConsumer[Foo]]
camel.component.jms.DefaultJmsMessageListenerContainer.handleListenerSetupFailure:837
- Setup of JMS message listener invoker failed for destination 'Foo' -
trying to recover. Cause: The Consumer is closed
WARN 2014-Sep-24 00:02:09.095 [Camel (camel-1) thread #0 -
JmsConsumer[Foo]]
camel.component.jms.DefaultJmsMessageListenerContainer.refreshConnectionUntilSuccessful:886
- Successfully refreshed JMS Connection

I would expect to see the same logging (maybe with a different underlying
cause on the first line) no matter what the reason the connection gets
closed, though I haven't tried to test that.

So if you're using Camel, those two log lines should let your clients know
that there was a problem; if you're using another framework, then it may
provide its own logging when a disconnection occurs.  Or maybe someone else
can provide you more info about TransportListeners.