Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by michael8 <mi...@saracatech.com> on 2009/11/02 21:54:44 UTC

apply a patch on solr

Hi,

First I like to pardon my novice question on patching solr (1.4).  What I
like to know is, given a patch, like the one for collapse field, how would
one go about knowing what solr source that patch is meant for since this is
a source level patch?  Wouldn't the exact versions of a set of java files to
be patched critical for the patch to work properly?

So far what I have done is to pull the latest collapse field patch down from
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-236 (field-collapse-5.patch), and
then svn up the latest trunk from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/, then patch and build.
Intuitively I was thinking I should be doing svn up to a specific
revision/tag instead of just latest.  So far everything seems fine, but I
just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and not just being lucky.

Thanks,
Michael